Below is a summarized list of steps to expect on the road to homeownership. One of our agents would love to help you along this journey. To connect with someone fill out the form below.
The Home Buying Process
1. Here are some questions you may start by answering.
- What is your budget?
- What is your credit score?
- What type of loan would you secure?
- How much money do you have to put down?
2. Call a mortgage lender that you trust to be pre-qualified. For a list of preferred Mortgage lenders click here
3. Start saving money necessary for down payment or expenses for moving. Click here
for a list of things not to do once applied.
4. Find an agent. Click here
for a list of agents.
5. Click here
to start looking at homes.
6. Once you find a home, you can make an offer.
7. Negotiate the best possible deal.
8. Get an accepted offer. Celebrate!
9. Get all of the necessary inspections. Whew!
10. Get Homeowners Insurance. Adulting!
11. Loan Underwriting and Appraisal. Finally!
12. Receive Title Work. WooHoo!
13. Get Loan Approval. Hip Hip Hooray!
14. Closing Day. You finally did it!
Congratulations on being a homeowner!